Preparing your documents

Get these documents ready. You – and any members of your family moving with you – will need them when you arrive in Sweden.

  • A valid passport and ID card from your country of origin
  • A valid work or residence permit
  • A marriage or domestic partnership certificate (preferably in English) if your partner is moving with you
  • A birth certificate for each child moving with you

Did you know...

… Uppsala has been attracting international academic talent since 1477.

Move here

Meet our internationals

“When we got to experience the tranquility and the beautiful environment in Uppsala, we were absolutely convinced that this was the place where we would live.” Antoine Boussaert

More voices from Uppsala