Preparing your documents

Get these documents ready. You – and any members of your family moving with you – will need them when you arrive in Sweden:

  • A valid passport and ID card from your country of origin
  • A valid work or residence permit
  • A marriage or domestic partnership certificate (preferably in English) if your partner is moving with you
  • A birth certificate for each child moving with you

Did you know...

… our diverse community includes families from Iran, Finland, Iraq, Syria, Germany, China, Lebanon, Poland and Ethiopia – to name a few.

Move here